Elder

Elder

Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hello Family! 

Well this week was pretty boring once again but I got a new companion!  Elder Gunnell is such a boss and a hard working missionary!  Probably just the farmer in him.  We already having loads of fun and even though I loved serving with Elder Bognar being with an American is so nice! We have had a lot of funny moments already.  I think the funniest was when Elder Gunnell went to stop someone and when the guy realized who we were he told us to "Go beep off" and then a guy in balcony above said "Hey thats what I said!" So we just busted up laughing cause it was so funny! We will either unite you with the Lord or in your hatred towards us haha.  Basically this companionship is going to be like it was with Elder Green so I can't wait!  It is also getting nice very nice weather here!  Also allergies is kicking in so now I am just dying and looking like I'm crying all the time, but oh well maybe people will take pity on me haha:) Elder Gunnell also got bit by a big ole German shepherd.  Dumb redneck has this thing with petting every dog haha.  It was pretty funny only cause it wasn't that bad.  We also went snail smashing on Saturday.  It had rained so all the snails came out and we were just smashing the into the distance with our umbrellas. About the closest I have got to playing ball on my mission:) We have a baptism coming up this week so will be getting lots prepared for that.  There will be two baptisms the other being the Zone Leaders investigator.  It will be the 5th and 6th baptism in this ward in one month.  So many crazy wonderful things are happening in this area! The Lord is truly hastening his work and it is amazing to see all the wonderful miracles that are happening in this mission and all around the world.  How grateful I am to be in the field playing for the Lords teams in these final minutes! This is when it matters most and when true character is measured! How grateful I am to be apart of it!  My spiritual thought for you this week is short but powerful! 

Doctrine and Covenants 35:13-15
  13 Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thresh the nations by the power of my Spirit;

 14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them.     
  15 And the poor and the meek shall have the gospel preached unto them, and they shall be looking forth for the time of my coming, for it is nigh at hand—      
I know that this is the Lords work and that he is coming is nigh at hand.  Let us all prepare ourselves both physically and spiritually so that the day that he calls upon us we are ready to serve him with all our heart, might, mind, and strength.  There is no better time then now to suit up for the Lord.  I know this is his church and that it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that just as a humble 14 year old boy knelt down and prayed with faith knowing that his Father in Heaven would answer that if we will do this same thing that we can have the truth made known unto us.  Let us not be like those that wanted to follow Jesus but wanted to go do a few things first.  Let us be like his apostles and straightway drop our nets and follow him.  We may live in this world but we do not have to be of it.  In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I hope you all are doing amazing and growing stronger and stronger in the gospel! Those of you that aren't apart of this wonderful gospel I invite you to take up Gods promise in the Book of Mormon an to just read it and pray to know if it is true.  I promise you that he will answer you and that he loves you more then you realize.  I see that love he has for all his children each and every day.  In the words of President Uchtdorf "Don't sleep through the Restoration!" 

Love ya'll to shredzz!! 

Love,

Elder Wilson

Dad's Side Note
Yesterday we had the wonderful opportunity to go to a Homecoming of one of the Elders that Collin served with.  Elder Smith was Collin's first District Leader and they became great friends and he really helped him out being a greenie in the field.   After meeting Elder Smith and his family we really know why Collin got along with him so well.  He and his family are incredible Christ like people.  When we arrived at his church as we were getting out of our car President Eyring walked in front of our car and said good morning.  That was pretty amazing!  President Eyring just happens to live in Elder Smiths home ward.  What a great day we had.




No comments:

Post a Comment