Elder

Elder

Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hello Family and Friends! 

Well I just counted how many weeks I've been out and this will be my 40th week!  That is so crazy! Hard to believe I am almost half way done with my mission! This week was pretty good! Started it of with being able to go to the temple with my zone which was amazing!  Love going there so much.  The next day we then had Zone Conference which was amazing.  One of the AP's goes home after this transfer and he was been AP for the last 10 months.  He is 28 years old and is basically the definition of AP.  4 years ago he was a chav (Counsel House and Violence) and now he is one the best missionaries.  Just look for an Elder Patton in a few years at general conference haha.  Also my first district leader Elder Smith will be going home so I was able to see him one more time which was good.  He told me that he would say hi to my parents for me at his homecoming haha.  The rest of the week wasn't to exciting.  We found a guy on the street though and he is super cool.  He listened to everything we said and was very interested in the Book of Mormon.  We invited him to be baptized on the street and he said yes!  We meet with him tomorrow so hopefully all will go well.  His name is Mark so keep him in your prayers! And then of course I was able to skype home yesterday.  It is always amazing to be able to see and talk with my family.  Was even able to see my GG and Grandpa and My Grandma Griffin!  Everyone seems to be doing very and looks happy! I just love them so much!!! This week we are going to be going to the temple with investigators twice this week so looking forward to that.  Sorry for the boring week and hopefully this week will be a lot better for you! 

For a spiritual thought I would just like to mention three gifts that came to us from our loving Heavenly Father.  

1. Creation 

We are so blessed that we are able to be alive and know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves so much that he created all this for us.  He knows us and loves and we should show our gratitude for all that he does for us. 

2. The Fall

Many people believe Adam and Eve to be evil and what that what they did was terrible.  We know though that what Adam and Eve did for was one apart of Gods plan and two an amazing gift to us.  Their sin will be upon there heads but if they had not fallen we wouldn't have been able to come to this earth and experience this life.  I love the versus in 2 Nephi 2:25 " Adam fell that men MIGHT BE, and men are, that they MIGHT HAVE JOY."

3. The Atonement

Just as in Adam all day so in Christ are all made alive.  Of course the greatest gift ever given to us from our Loving Heavenly Father is of course his son Jesus Christ.  Through Him we all can be cleansed from sin. Through him we all will rise again and be able to stand before God and me Judged.  Through Him we will all be able to live with our families forever.  We must remember though that we must do the things that he asks of us in order to obtain all the blessings and eternal life.  Yes all will be saved and rise again, but in what state we are risen to depends on us.  Do we want to be raised to a state of Eternal Bliss or a state of Eternal Misery.  Our Loving Heavenly Fathers work and glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  That means that he wants us to inherit all that he has and become like him!  How amazing is that!?  All we have to do is humble ourselves, keep his commandments, and strive everyday to become like his son Jesus Christ.  In the His Name, Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all to shredzz and have a great week!! 

Love and Forever Faithful,
Elder Wilson




His District


Elder Wilson and Elder Smith(His first Companion in the Field)

No comments:

Post a Comment