Elder

Elder

Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

Well this week was just amazing! We had three big miracles.  The first one was on Tuesday night. We went over to teach Sam, but because of his short term memory loss he forgot we were coming over, but my amazing companion asked one of his house mates if he wanted to talk. I was a little bit hesitant to go in at first because this guy never stopped talking and was crazy, but I just went in anyway. We sat down and started talking to Richard and his other house mate Manolito was sitting there working on a paper.  We asked if he wanted to sit in, but he said no I have to finish this paper for tomorrow. He left, but then came back in like 30 seconds later and said I will sit in for half hour. He listened to us for about 15 minutes and then all of sudden cut me off and said can we meet twice a week to do this more regularly? We were like yeah sure that would be awesome we will talk about it at the end.  We were then explaining things and answering questions and expounding the scriptures and he just was eating it all up. He then told us how he has been searching for a long time for happiness to fill the hole in his heart. We testified to him that this was his answer.  He is also going through chemo at the moment and is very sick. We weren't able to meet with him the rest of the week because he was so sick, but we are planning on teaching about the priesthood tonight! 

Our second miracle came the next day. We arrived a little early to an appointment we had with a less active and I was like hey there are some doors we haven't knocked yet up the street so we went up there. We said a prayer that we would find someone who is prepared and would become a new investigator with the 15 minutes we had to knock.  Well the first door we knocked was the miracle! This lady had met with missionaries many years ago and the Jehovah Witness's and just didn't really get what she was looking for and decided she felt God more in her garden then anywhere else and that's where she has been since. Well she since gone through cancer and just finished chemo and her kids are all grown up and one of them is always pestering her on her faith. We said we will find the answers and come back and teach her on Sunday. She said that would be great. Then the amazing miracle of yesterday! We get to the teach with a recent co



nvert named Edward who is 20 and a boss. We start answering her questions about the dinosaurs her son imposed on her.  After we settled that she just blurted out what is the deal with baptisms for the dead? So I started explaining God's plan and why it was important to do baptisms for the dead. The whole time I was trying to think of scripture, but nothing was coming so I just bore a small testimony and then my main man Edward says in 1 Corinthians 15:29 we can learn about baptism for the dead. She read it out loud and said "Oh I never notice that." All of a sudden the most peaceful and wonderful Spirit filled the room. We started showing her other scriptures from 1 Peter 3 and 4 about Christ preaching to the spirits in prison. and Also out of the Book of Mormon in Alma.  She just stared at us and you could tell the Spirit had touched her heart. She then opened up to us how she had lost two very close friends and how she worried for her son who didn't believe in God who was actually hiding from us upstairs.  She then looked at us and said I don't know whats different this time, but I want to know if it's true. Then Elder Thompson my favorite innocent little boy said that is the Spirit testifying to you that what we say is true. The Spirit just filled the room so thick that you could cut it with a knife.  I'm so grateful to have the companion I have and the amazing members to come out and bear the wonderful testimonies that bring the Spirit so strongly.  Such an amazing experience.  

Those were basically the highlights of my week. Had a fun exchange with a kid from Kearns in my district and got to get all muddy again with football. The old people were yelling at us for ruining the fields, but the church leaders so don't worry about it haha.  I guess before I end I just want to mention President Ezra Taft Benson. We are studying his words and his life this year in Priesthood and Relief Society. Wow was he an amazing man of God! The only thing he cared about was doing the will of the Lord. And one thing that has stuck out to me was his love for the Book of Mormon. I encourage all of you to read his life story and the two chapters about the Book of Mormon. And then most importantly to read the Book of Mormon! You will feel a power and love from God you have never felt before as you feast from it daily. To those of you that aren't members I exhort you to read it. I promise and testify to you that it comes from God. That every single page speaks and testifies of Christ and his great sacrifice and resurrection for all of us.  In the words of Nephi "If you believe in Christ then you will believe in these words."  I know the Book of Mormon is true and I have seen the change it has wrought in me and the lives of others as they have read it everyday. Just read it! 

Have a great week and LOVE YOU ALL TO SHREDZZ!! 

Love,
Elder Wilson


Elder Graham and I and more mud!  



No comments:

Post a Comment