Elder

Elder

Monday, July 13, 2015

July 13, 2015

Second to Last Letter before he is home!


Well this week was a long one! I swear everything that could have kept us from finding did. So much service was done, and even though I love doing service it can be a bit much sometimes when you don't get to do any finding. Good thing I love these members to death! London was also pretty epic! That city is so big and so full of life! I wish I could have served there and contacted those streets! Would have been a hoot!
Some pretty cool things. Big Ben was my favourite and it felt so surreal to see him. Really cool place. I took pictures on my other camera so you will all have to wait for when I get home, good thing that is not to long;)

We had a really cool DLC (district leader conference) were we had a great counsel for the new mission training plan. It took three hours but the Spirit was so strong and it was great! Since we didn't do a lot of finding this week and Sunday we wouldn't have time either, so I started fasting and praying that we would find someone somewhere that would want to meet up and be baptised. Well after Presidents interviews (which were awesome and my last one) We were on the train and happen to bump in to he Sisters from Aldershot and were talking to them when the crazy Finish sister looks between the seats and just starts talking to him between the seats. Was pretty great haha. Well turns out he lives in our area and we are meeting up on Tuesday! One, I love God and His ability to answer prayers and two, I love Sisters they always know how to show off and show you how to do things:) Super great!

So two funny moments from Sunday. First one I was talking to some members about a dinner appointment and then right before they leave she says oh since your going home we will have to hook you up with a few single girls we know😮And then Elder Redd tells me he might give me some referrals and at dinner with the Tarrs Sunday night Sister Tarr tells me that if her older daughter wasn't taller she would definitely have me look her up😵 I guess it's good that I am a worthy candidate for these moms daughters and nieces, but holy cow! I am pumped to date, but the fact that it's actually possible now is scary haha. I'm going to die!

Probably one of the greatest things I have learned on my mission that I knew before, but have had reaffirmed and strengthened is that the Book of Mormon is truly the word of God and that Joseph Smith is a Prophet. I have no doubts whatsoever that it is true. Not only have I received the confirmation from the Spirit that it is true, but having read it 5 times on my mission nearly 6 and sharing it with the people of England everyday I will never be able to say that that book might not be true. The power that comes from it is beyond words. My understanding of gospel doctrines and The Bible have grown because of reading the Book of Mormon. Most importantly my love and desire to serve Heavenly Father and my Saviour Jesus Christ has grown so deep that I just want to stand on roof tops and shout it to the world that they live and we are their Sons and Daughters! The Book of Mormon is true! I read it, I live it, and I love it! In the words of the Prophet Joseph Smith,

"The Book of Mormon [is] the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”(Introduction to the Book of Mormon)

That is the key though. We must not only read the Book of Mormon everyday, but abide by its precepts every single day! We are Children of God and I promise you that you cannot feel closer and more of Gods love then through the Book of Mormon. In the Name of Jesus Christ Amen.

LOVE YA'LL TO SHREDZZ!!!

Love,

Elder Wilson




Family Home Evening



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had Collin answer a few questions about his mission and here is the response.

-3 Apostles met and Elder Holland twice 
-7 member of the Quorum of the Seventy 
-Between 5000 and 5200 miles walked 
-To many friends made to count 
-3 baptisms I was apart of 7 total if you count the ones I found and were baptised after I left 
-Mugged once 
-Really only one weird food tried which was Fu Fu 
-20-21 zone conferences/zone training/IPad training/ Apostle meetings 
-About 79 district meetings 
-7 times going in the temple 
-Skyped  home 4 times and called once 
-24 razors 
-New grandparents, Palm, president and sister Millar, and president and sister Gubler 
I can tell you lessons when I get home:) love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment