Elder

Elder

Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015

This is Elder Collin Wilson's final email home as a missionary. We are sad that he is finished and won't be getting these great emails but excited that he is coming home!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the day has arrived that I leave England.  I can't believe that it has come this fast.  It wasn't till yesterday during church that it finally hit me that I will be leaving.  It has definitely been the hardest and at times the longest two years of my life, but I have never been happier and the good times out way the bad by so much.  I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people that I was able to meet and rub shoulders with. All of you have helped me to become the person I am today. 

I have learned so much from my mission and am so excited to use it at home. From my first taste of England being a mini middle east in Slough, going to God's waiting room in Hedge End. Chilling with the Craggs in Crawley, and can't forget the blessed Isle of Wight were I feel I really started becoming who God wanted me to be. Plymouth with some of the craziest districts I ever had. Then my 1 week tearing up the streets with Elder Ertmann. Then 4 days in Worthing with my ginger Elder Gunnell. Then there is Addlestone where I feel like I met my family away from home. I'm going to miss this great Ward here in Addlestone. Feels like I'm leaving home now. 

I'm so grateful for all the missionaries I was able to serve with and around. There is truly nothing more inspiring then meeting as a group of missionaries and all singing Jerusalem.  I have been able to experience so much in the last two years that I won't even attempt to typed it up here.  I just want all of you to know that the number one thing I learned on my mission that will carry me for the rest of my life is the knowledge that we are literally children of God and that Jesus Christ lives and is our Saviour and Redeemer. I know that this is true with all my heart.  I know that they appeared to a humble 14 year old boy and turned him into a Prophet of God who restored the true church of Jesus Christ to the earth again.  All this knowledge and conviction has come to me though because of simply reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. That book is the most true and inspired book on the earth today. I love it, and I live it.  Hold to the iron rod and you will never go astray. There is truly nothing greater then sharing the message of The Restoration and that Jesus Christ lives, especially with the people of England. True happiness really does come from serving others and bringing them unto Christ.  I feel to end my last email with the last few sentences from Jerusalem. 

I will not cease from mental fight, 
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem, 
In England's green and pleasant land  

I love you all so much and look forward to hopefully seeing you soon! God be with you till meet again! 

Love,
Elder Collin Wilson
New Email: ccwilson11@gmail.com 


The picture with the yellow tie is from June 2013 and the other is July 2015. Hopefully I'm a little more of a man;)


June 2013


July 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment