Elder

Elder

Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014


Hey Family! 

Well do you guys want to know where I'm going?  My new companions name is Elder Bognar and he is from Hungry.  So will be my first companion outside of North America! That is pretty sweet! My new area is Crawley in the Crawley Zone!  To pumped to go there.  One of the Elders in my district served there and says it is a great area! Have a huge ward and big building.  I will also have 8 Elders in the ward.  The Zone Leaders, and four digital zone missionaries.  Going to be one big party!  It is kinda funny how my first ward had 4 missionaries, and then this ward had 6 and my next one has 8.  Hopefully the next doesn't have 10 cause that will just be a big ole mess! It is hard to believe that I am leaving Hedge End.  I am super excited to go to a new area and see more of England, but I have learned and grown so much here in Hedge End.  I have had amazing investigators and the ward has been so great.  I remember one I arrived at the MTC and one of the teachers said I cried more and harder when I left my mission then when I left home.  I never understood how that could be possible, but I sorta have an idea now.  You learn to love and serve these people everyday and they become your family and then 4 months later you have to leave them and may never see some of them again.  It is very heart wrenching and it sucks, but the good thing is you can always visit and the Spirit World will be a good place to catch up as well:)  I would have to say that the biggest lesson I learned while serving here is to just be yourself and love the people and serve them.  To any future missionaries out there you don't have to just be a strict no slack missionary when you go on your mission.  Yes you represent the Lord and should always act like you do, but remember you represent the Lord! Love everyone and help them to feel through you the love the Saviour has for them.  Sure am going to miss this place and can't wait to come visit it again.  
As for my week nothing to great happened.  Just took a lot of time cleaning the flat and having people come visit to see if they wanted to buy it.  Pretty annoying, but hey what are you going to do.  I was so glad to be able to spend my last week in Hedge End on Easter week.  What a wonderful experience it was to be able to be a missionary during this time of the year.  You really come to know who the Saviour is and what he did for us.  I love the video the church put on call "Because of Him."  If you haven't seen it go and watch it! It is so amazing! Missions are so amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Hard to believe I have almost been out for a year.  Doesn't seem like that long since two missionaries in my ward are going home this week, but even that makes it seem like I have hardly anytime left to serve.  The days go by slow at some points, but the months go by so dang fast.  One kid is from Riverton will be entering the Field tomorrow so that will be cool to see him! And in 6 weeks my friend Brady will be entering the Field so hopefully I get to train him! That would be such an amazing experience! Missionary life is just the best! 

For the spiritual thought I would just like to end on the Theme of Because of Him.

Because of Him we can all be forgiven.  Because of Him we will be resurrected.  Because of Him we will be with our loved ones again.  Because of Him we can have peace in the life and eternal life in the life to come.  Because of Him we are able to change and become more like Him.  Because of Him there is no end.  

He is the Light and Life of the world.  He is the Bread of Life. He invites all to come unto and to take his yoke upon him for it light and easy.  I hope this Easter we were all able to feel of the love that he has for us.  I know that He lives and that Because of Him I can return to live Him and our Loving Heavenly Father.  In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love ya'll to shredzz!!! 

Here is the link to the video Because of Him

Forever Faithful,

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment