Elder

Elder

Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014

Well only a few more days until my black year or as I call it miracle year is over.  Hard to believe 2014 went by so fast! So many miracles and amazing things happened! Christmas week was pretty great. Hard for missionary work cause nobody was on the streets and everyone seemed to hate us a little bit extra. But like Paul I glory in tribulation. Christmas Eve we had a great dinner with an amazing family called the Hooper's. All the missionaries in the ward went over and while we waited for dinner just talked about all our deep doctrine haha. Love members that can talk doctrine. It's so fun! We then had Elder Gull and Elder Bradford sleep over at our flat. We then had breakfast at our Ward mission leaders home Christmas morning. Hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls! Super amazing! And then the second best part of the day we watched FROZEN! It was super great. Lived up to all its hype. The funniest part was when Elsa lets her hair down Elder Gull and I where singing LET IT DOWN, LET IT DOWN! IT was so funny! Yes I know the two manly men in the district like a girly movie.  Haha it was great though. We then went from the Martin Jr. to the Martin Sr. Had a great big Christmas dinner. It was a lot of fun and really good food. We then went out and contacted for a bit. Talked to some pretty weird, but cool people. Then ended the night at the greatest family the Braganzas. Got to Skye home which was great. My brothers are huge, My dad looked like Santa, and my mom looks like she is twenty.  Its funny cause every time an Elder sees a picture of her they ask if she is my girlfriend. I then say no she is my mom and they just get this funny surprised look on there face and then get really red and walk away. To funny! The rest of the week we just did a whole lot of finding with now success and froze are butts off. So cold right now! Its alright just making me into a little more of a man;)  Yeah so that's my week in a nutshell.  The work is rough right now, but the Lord chastens those whom he loves so I'm happy! 

Something cool I learned while reading in the Bible today comes from Hebrews 2:11

 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren

How cool is that? We become one with Christ as we  are sanctified.  I don't it just clicked in my brain while reading it cause Christ is always praying we become one with him and the Father and this scripture just put a new perspective on it.  

Hope you all have a great a New Years Eve and New Year! LOVE YA'LL TO SHREDZZ!! 

Love,
Elder Wilson




Hazards of Missionary work


His District


Nativity Scene


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collin told us he is getting a new companion tomorrow.  It will be his 10th companion while serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment