Elder

Elder

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June 9, 2015


Well it's here and I can't believe it's already come, but it's my last transfer. I think that explains enough so on a happier note this last week was pretty great!

Since we decided to drop all our investigators we did finding basically the whole week. Makes for some longs days, but it was a lot of fun. The zone leaders came down on splits so I was with Elder Bradshaw for about two hours and it was a lot of fun. I love training, but it is so nice to have a someone you don't have to worry about what they are going to say or have to do most of the talking. Elder Olson is coming a long really well though. We are working on using the Book of Mormon to answer questions while finding, so basically helping him to know the scriptures really well. We found some cool people, one of which we are seeing today which is awesome! Another is a family we are seeing on Saturday! It's one of my goals to baptise a family so keep them in your prayers! I had a pretty fun District meeting as well. The sisters have been struggling with finding so I took a whole bunch of selfies of me making weird faces and then printed them off with captions and put them all over the chapel. They had to find the one with the chocolate(they didn't know there was chocolate), but had to go through all my stupid pictures first. It was pretty funny and they got a kick out of it. I then tied it into how sweet will be our joy if we bring one soul unto me. Was a great district meeting! Going to miss my sisters since Sister Finassi is leaving the district.

Yesterday Elder Holland came and spoke to us in a multi stake conference. It was one of the best stake conferences I've been to!
Elder Holland just tore it up. The Spirit was strong and he said some powerful things. The two main points I got from him were.
1. The Book of Mormon is our Trial of Faith. Basically means it is the great sifter(Wheat and tares, sheep and goats, wise and foolish virgins, church of the lamb and church of he devil). Not everyone will accept the Book of Mormon and to those who do they will receive more truth and light.
2. It would have been a greater miracle for Joseph Smith to just have come up with the Book of Mormon then to have translated it from an ancient record(Hopefully that makes sense). No wicked man could write such a book and no good man would write such a book unless told by God to do so.

There was a lot more to his talk then at, but that is what I really liked. The best quote from him though was at the end when he said, "When I was a boy I bore witness of God, now today I am that witness."
I know without a doubt that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and that Thomas S. Monson is his rightful successor. I know as well that the Twelve Apostles are called of God. How lucky are we to have a caring and loving Heavenly Father who would send and give us Apostles and prophets. There is no better work to be engaged in then this one!

I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week and just know that when you are sitting on the couch Friday morning I will be in the middle of London at Hyde Park Chapel listening to Elder Holland live
again:) LOVE YA TO SHREDZZ!!

Love,
Elder Wilson


My District!



No comments:

Post a Comment