Elder

Elder

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2014

Last November Elder Cook came and spoke to our mission. I was not able to attended due to the fact I was exiled in the wonderful land of Plymouth, but President Millar had sent an email to everyone with the notes he had taken.  At the end of his talk Elder Cook had promised us that even if it feels like we could be doing more good back home whatever the case may be, that we would bless and serve our families and friends more by serving the and loving the Lord and His Children.  It was a great comfort to me especially with my Dad's cancer, but I just the last few weeks have I really been able to feel and know that promise is true.  I won't go into details, but my dad has been extremely blessed with his surgery and miracles did happen and he is doing really well. Grumpy and sore, but well:) It has also filled me with so much joy to know that I am doing the right thing by serving the Lord and that we truly are led by His Prophets and Apostles. 

My week was pretty great! Elder Redd and I went to the temple with our baptismal date Brendon.  He loved it! It was such an amazing experience for him and us.  When we were walking around the temple he said when I am baptized I can come here and learn more from Christ.  It was so awesome to see the Spirit working in him and teaching him how truly great the temple is for us! He also loved the picture of the Celestial Room and wanted to to go in really bad.  It was awesome. We also got to watch Meet the Mormons! It was my first time seeing it and it was just the greatest movie ever! Brendon loved it and especially the kid that served in South Africa where he is from haha. My favorite was the Navy Football coach. It was just so full of America that I just got so pumped! And of course the last one with the missionary mom just made me cry because she was exactly like my mom when I was leaving haha.  The whole experience was just great! 

Got my new companion Elder Gibbons! It was awesome because there was no awkwardness between us. Like waking up in the morning and having the classic conversation "Do you want to shower first?" Nope non of that! Just tons of fun, laughing and hard work! We have 4 return appointments this week which is great. Plus we basically have the greatest Bishop ever! Besides Bishop Twitchell of course:) He gave a presentation in a combined Relief Society and Priesthood meeting on what the missionaries are going to do to help them bring there friends into the church. By the way we had no idea he was going to do that. He just asked us after if it was ok and we just nodded our heads and kissed his feet... Just kidding.  It awesome though! I will tell you how it goes later! Elder Gibbons is also teaching me how to play the guitar and I already know 4 chords now and am learning the song "I'm bleeding out". Hymns are to hard right now to learn haha. My fingers hurt way bad though.  

Well conference is coming up this weekend and I'm so excited! We get the chance to listen to LIVING MODERN DAY PROPHETS AND APOSTLES! Just to dang pumped for it! Will be my last one so pretty sad about that, but can't wait to hear what Tommy Monson has to say. You might wonder why I say Tommy it is because we are like buds;) Also learned so cool things about the Keys of the Kingdom and how it applies to us in modern times from reading Matthew 16:13-19 and 17.  Here Christ asked his apostles who they think he is.  We all know the story, but what is great is that Peter THROUGH REVELATION was able to know that Jesus truly is the Christ. We to may have this same privilege. But that is not what I want to focus on. Right after Christ says this he tells Peter that this is the rock he will build His kingdom. What is that rock? Well it is REVELATION. Who was to lead the church once Christ was gone? Peter and he would do it through REVELATION. Christ then goes on to say that he would give Peter the keys of the kingdom to bind and seal on earth.  A few weeks ago Elder Dyches visited my mission and told us that the Keys of the Priesthood or Kingdom are channels of REVELATION.  So in Christ was basically saying I will give you the ability to receive the REVELATION  necessary to bring forth my kingdom and church on the earth and to help everyone return to live with my and Heavenly Father.  Now the only person on the earth that can have all the Keys of the Kingdom is the Prophet or President of Christ church. So that is why Peter received the Keys of the Kingdom.  Well in the next chapter when Christ is transfigured Moses and Elias (Elijah) appear and give the Keys of the gathering of Israel(Moses) and the Sealing Keys(Elias) to Peter. And guess who appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery in the Kirtland Temple? Christ, Moses, and Elijah.  It is amazing to see that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are doing the exact same things they did in Christ time as they are now doing in our time. I know that President Thomas Monson is God's Prophet on the earth and that he holds ALL the Keys of the Kingdom and we have the amazing opportunity to hear him speak and help us to come unto Christ.  

Have a great week and LOVE YA'LL TO SHREDZZ!! 

Love,
Elder Wilson


Temple with Brendon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment