Elder

Elder

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25, 2015

Every week I try to come up with some cool subject for my emails and they are always lame because I can never think of anything cool. Sigh. Well this week was definitely not as exciting as last week, but it was still alright. Zone Conference was awesome! So sad it was my last one. There isn't much out there that is greater then a big group of missionaries all together, especially when they are singing. Will be eternally grateful for the missionaries I have met and learned from on my mission. 

We had a really good teach with the girl we found last week. We brought her to a members home for dinner. She loved it and wants to come to church. She couldn't make it this last Sunday, but will be there this coming one. Super cool girl, but will have to pass her on to the Sisters in Staines since she lives in their area. We had interview with President Millar this week. I love that man so much! He told me that it was my companions first and last interview with him and that with the new mission president it will be my first and last one with him. Sucks that my exit interview won't be with President Millar. I get the new president for 3 weeks of my mission haha. I have learned so much from President and Sister Millar and will forever be grateful to have served under them. 

Those were the highlights of the week. Rest was spent finding and walking. So much walking. All my shoes including my running shoes are on their last leg or were on their last leg about 4 months ago. It's been a while since I've shared a little spiritual thought so I guess I can share one:)

Something I have been thinking about a lot this week is Following the Prophet. A question that pops into my mind is "Do we truly sustain President Monson?" The thing that really sticks out to me out of the many things President Monson has asked us to do comes from his Welcome to Conference Address in the Oct 2012 Conference. 

"Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls unto Him. He has prepared the means for us to share the gospel in a multitude of ways, and He will assist us in our labors if we will act in faith to fulfill His work."  


I ask you now. Are we as members and missionaries truly striving to do our best to work and labor together in the Lord's vineyard? Do we seek to bring as many souls as we can to Christ? Do we prepare ourselves Spiritually every day to be an instrument in the Lord's hand and to qualify for the guidance of the Holy Ghost? It is easy to make excuses and say I'm to busy or have other things to worry about, but if you remember when you were baptised you promised Heavenly Father to stand as a witness of Him at ALL times, in ALL places, and in ALL things. If we look outside ourselves and pray to have our eyes opened to who needs our help and the gospel and then listen to the still small voice we will be guided in our day to day activities to those whom the Lord is preparing to bring into the fold. 


I know without a doubt that if we will follow the counsel or actually command of our beloved Prophet President Monson the Lord will bless us and sustains as we strive to do His will. Because in the end the Lord has stated, "whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same" (D&C 1:38). I Testify that this is the Lord's work and that there is no greater joy then in brining souls unto Him. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's Prophet on the earth today and that he will not lead us a astray. I know with every fiber of my being that Jesus is the Christ and that He lives. Oh what joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives. In His sacred name, Amen. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week and will truly strive to follow the Prophet!

Love,
Elder Wilson


Even after a long hard week you can still smile and be happy to take a selfie with the greatest book on earth!


No comments:

Post a Comment