Elder

Elder

Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

Hey Family!

Well I forgot to mention somethings I did last week because I got to excited to talk about conference haha:)  I tried a dish from Ghana and it is called Fu Fu.  It is so good and I loved it.  They put weird things in it that I don't know what it was, but it was good:)  Elder Anderson didn't like it to much.  Last week for P-day we went on the long walk which is a LONG WALK.  It is so beautiful though and I loved it.  It goes up onto this little hill with a huge horse on it and you can see the castle from it and all of slough.  It was a blast and we even saw some deer while we were there. I got about 50 yards from a buck which was wicked.  I gave my first talk in my ward yesterday on "Feeding my Sheep" in John 21:15-17.  It went well and one member came up to me and said I truly inspired everyone.  I don't mean to brag, it was just a good feeling that I had prepared and gave my talk the way the Lord wanted me to.  I am sending it home to my parents so they can read my sloppy hand writing and can share more of it with the
family:)  There is a feeling in the air that is telling me the work is about to really start hastening in my area.  Our district leader feels especially with our new plan for this transfer and I am getting so excited to go to work everyday!  Good things are coming!

My spiritual thought for this day is about asking and receiving answers for our prayers.  So many of us forget that all we need to do is ask our Heavenly Father for the things we need.  He knows what we need, but wants us to recognize that we need him to help us accomplish the things we desire.  It will take us humbling ourselves if we truly want his help.  If you read in D&C 6:5-8 we read that if we ask and knock it shall be opened up unto us and we can receive it.  It says in verse 8 "As you desire of me so it shall be unto you."  A lot of us have a hard time knowing the difference between a want and a desire.
A desire starts with a want, but then leads into an action and showing our Heavenly Father how bad we truly do desire it.  For example if you see a nice and car and say I want that, and then go to Heavenly Father and say you desire it, then don't put in any effort in trying earn the money for it and expect it to show up on your drive way then Heavenly Father won't give it to you because you don't really desire it.  When we truly desire something we are willing to do all to achieve it.  For me when I first came out on my mission I felt so like I new nothing and really wanted to have great knowledge with the scriptures.  I asked in pray to have my mind opened when I studied and that I would learn something new every time I did.  I also asked that what I learned I may be able to use for the good of those around me and that I would forget my selfish desires.  It took me and still takes me spending an hour everyday when I am tired to open and read, ponder, and ask about the things I learn through the scriptures.  At first I didn't really feel like I was learning or remembering anything, but as I kept praying and doing my part I started remembering scriptures and using them in my lessons and when teaching others.  Heavenly Father wants us to ask him in faith and then he will see if we truly desire it.  Once he feels we have done all we can then he gives a helping hand.  In verse 7 it says "not to seek for riches, but wisdom... and then you shall be made rich. Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich."  If we can change our thinking in a eternal perspective instead of a right now and what happened yesterday perspective we will be so much happier.  We will have increased faith and know that with the Lord's help we can overcome anything.  As it says in D&C 50:35 "The kingdom is given you of the Father, and the power to overcome all things which are not ordained of him."  As we pray and ask in faith let us not get discourged or down because we have not receive what we desire when we want it.  Push forward in faith and rely on him to help you overcome your challenges and then he will give it unto you.  Don't ever forget that we are all sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father and that he loves us so much and wants nothing more then to help us. We just have to open the door.

Hope you have a great week and I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Wilson


Here are some pictures from our P-day last week on the long walk.

Also have a couple pictures of our Dinner appointment at a members house yesterday. I forgot to add in my letter that the two new Elder we got or named Elder Wilson (He has the glasses) and Elder Larsen who has his head on me in the picture at the dinner. Hope you enjoy!



















No comments:

Post a Comment